Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Nevermind.. Forging Ahead

So this morning I posted that I was going to delay posting what I am eating. I changed my mind. I don't feel good its true. My throat hurts my head hurts and I'm coming down with the crud my family is apparently passing around.. But that is also life. I am going to post anyways. Every time I say I am going to do something and I delay it I don't finish or sometimes even get around to it.. so needless to say here goes hopefully something. I would like to remind everyone I am a mother to 3 small kids. I am not using that as an excuse. I simply want you to realize that sometimes my meals have to be what I can grab...make in a few mins or throw together. Part of my problem is not eating. I know right... mind blowing... but I am hypothyroid...pcos..and insulin resistant. To lose weight I have to fuel my body otherwise I go into starvation mode and I actually gain weight. I do realize that there is better fuel out there sometimes than what I put in.. but this is a journey and every journey starts with a simple step.. and this is my simple step. I would love positive comments... positive reinforcement... even helpful advice.. as long as what you say comes from a good place I want to hear it. If however you want to criticize... make rude comments...or bully me in any way.. I don't have time for it. I will delete your comment. If you don't like what I eat by all means don't follow me.. don't read it... Because my food is going to be real... what I post is going to be real.. That means sometimes I might fall off the wagon... I am hoping though that posting what I eat will help me with that... Also you may see things that will make you cringe.. you know like hamburger helper... not a favorite of mine... I don't really even like it.. but my husband does... so sometimes occasionally its on the menu... and since sometimes my time is limited and I need something fast a lean cuisine or smart one might appear...(go ahead and gasp make a frowny face whatever at least I am trying).  Also I am southern... so guess what deep fried just kinda happens.. now I myself do not own a deep fryer.. but you know how it is... its around these parts.. I believe that to lose weight and keep it off for good I have to learn to live in the real world... where occasionally french fries, champagne, chocolate, cake, fried chicken and other delectable things happen. I don't want to live the rest of my life eating lettuce... well not just lettuce anyways. I want to learn to balance the good and the bad...and the Southern... Because I love food.. I love to cook.. I love to get in the kitchen and experiment. So lets see how this goes....30 days people.... you are what is going to hold me to it.. knowing that I promised I was going to do it...and someone out there knows it.  My daily calorie goal at this time set by my nutrition program I follow is 1568.. I fill out a questionnaire and tell it health info.. how much I weigh...what my goal is and my time frame and it gives me my calorie goal... now personally I am shooting for 1300-1600. Because being real... there may be days I am hungry and there might be days I am less hungry or what I have had is more filling. All my posts for the days food will go up in the evening.. because that's when I have time to get on here...and if life gets crazy they may go up the next day early a.m.... so see you later alligators... everyday for 30 days at least!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every comment.. but also know that negative comments aren't doing anyone any good.. so please be nice...and I will too.